Youngsville Auto Insurance
Shop Youngsville auto insurance rates, policies and coverages in PA. Get free Youngsville car insurance quotes at Insurance-Pennsylvania.com.
To be able to drive legally in Pennsylvania, you must buy car insurance. Youngsville auto insurance protects you from economic loss in the occurrence of an accident – by paying for damages to your vehicle or another person’s car and/or property.
The majority of people in PA are familiar that driving without Youngsville auto insurance is illegal and very dangerous. Unfortunately many Pennsylvania residents don’t recognize that being underinsured has the potential to financially disastrous. In the absence of appropriate coverages, your home, bank accounts, income, and additional personal assets can be at risk. Do you have enough savings to be able to take care of the costs of a major motor accident and all the related medical bills, property destruction and lawsuits?
Youngsville Auto Insurance
You should know what coverage, what limits of liability and what deductibles you want. You need to have the following typical information accessible for all drivers in your home:
- All driver’s names, ages, sex and marital status
- Full vehicle identification number (VIN)
- Year of vehicle
- Annual mileage driven
- Driving record (accidents & moving violations)
- Cost of vehicle
- Special equipment, such as anti-theft devices, airbags, etc.
When you buy Youngsville auto insurance, there are certain coverages that are required and others that are optional. The mandatory coverages are:
- Medical Benefits – This will pay medical bills for you and other people who are covered by your policy – regardless of fault. The minimum limit is $5,000 of coverage. Larger limits are available if want them.
- Bodily Injury Liability – If you injure someone in a motor accident, this coverage pays their medical and rehab costs and any damages that you were ruled liable for. The minimum limit is $15,000/ $30,000. The $15,000 pays for injuries to 1 individual, and the $30,000 represents the total accessible for one accident.
- Property Damage Liability – If you damage someone’s property in a car accident and it is your fault, this coverage will pay for it. The minimum limit is $5,000 of coverage. Some companies offer a single limit of $35,000 which also satisfies the bodily injury liability and property damage liability minimum requirements.
- Limited or Full Tort – You can make a decision on full or limited tort coverage. Limited tort coverage can help you save on premiums. You are still able to recover all out-of-pocket medical and various other expenses; however, you are not able to recover certain damages – such as payments for pain and suffering – unless the injuries meet one of the exceptions to limited tort as defined in Act 6 of 1990, title 75, section 1705 (d). With full tort coverage selection, you preserve unrestricted rights to bring a lawsuit against the negligent party.
Youngsville auto insurance policies also provide a selection of supplemental optional coverages that you can buy. These include:
- Comprehensive – Pays for theft or damage to your car from hazards including fire, flood, vandalism or striking an animal. Most banks or lenders require you to purchase Comprehensive coverage to obtain a car loan.
- Collision – Pays to repair damage to your car as a result of a car accident. Most banks and lenders mandate you have Collision coverage to receive a auto loan. Under Pennsylvania law, the insurance company implements a $500 deductible.
- Uninsured Motorist (UM) – This coverage applies to you, your family and passengers for bodily injury – if you are hurt by an uninsured motorist. This does not cover damage to property.
- Underinsured Motorist (UIM) – This coverage applies to you, your family and passengers for bodily injury if you are injured by motorist who doesn’t have enough PA car insurance to cover your claim. This wont cover damage to property.
- Stacking of UM or UIM – This coverage permits you to either increase the amount of uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage by the # of automobiles on your policy – or to receive uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage from more than one policy under which you are insured.
- Funeral Benefit – This coverage pays for funeral expenses if you or a family member dies as a consequence of an auto accident.
- Income Loss – This coverage pays a percentage of your lost wages when injuries suffered in an car accident prevent you from working.
- Extraordinary Medical Benefits – This coverage pays for medical and rehab expenditures which exceed $100,000. It provides a maximum of $1 million of coverage.
- Accidental Death Benefit – This is paid to the living representative of an insured if the bodily injury from a car accident results in death – inside of 24 months from the date of the auto accident.
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage – This pays for an insured rental expenses if they undergo a covered comprehensive or collision loss.
- Towing Coverage – This reimburses a person for towing and labor costs for a covered disabled automobile. (This is usually only available if comprehensive and collision is carried on the vehicle.)
- Gap Coverage – This will pays the difference between an insurance company’s payment for a totaled vehicle and the balance of a vehicle loan. This coverage is typically only for sale when during the purchase a new car.
Youngsville Auto Insurance
What Could Cause PA Premiums To Increase?
Different factors can change the price of your PA car insurance – such as:
- Adding or increasing coverages
- Adding another car to the policy
- Replacing an old automobile with a new one
- Adding a new driver
- Changing the use of a vehicle (operating for business)
- Claims (accidents, etc…)
- Moving Violations (speeding tickets, etc…)
- Driving more miles per year
- Moving to another city/state
Additionally, your insurer could have been approved for a rate increase since your last renewal.
How To Save Money On Youngsville Auto Insurance
You can save money on your PA automobile insurance by:
- Selecting the limited tort option.
- Increasing your collision and comprehensive deductible.
- Getting rid of collision and comprehensive coverage on an older car not being financed.
- Reducing or eliminating your uninsured (UM) and underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage.
- Refusing the stacking option of UM or UIM coverage.
- Rejecting income loss or funeral benefits.
- Decreasing medical benefits to the minimum limit requirement.
- Asking about special discounts offered by the insurer (see below).
Before making your decision of not buying optional coverages, be certain you comprehend the outcomes of increasing your deductible or cutting out coverages.
Youngsville Auto Insurance Discounts:
Many Pennsylvania insurance companies (Nationwide, GEICO, State Farm, Progressive, USAA, Erie, Liberty Mutual, Travelers, Farmers, Safeco, Allstate etc…) offer discounts on their vehicle insurance. Following are some discounts that Nationwide Insurance offers to its policy holders:
- Multi-Policy Discount – Bundle your home, auto life and more with Nationwide and save up to 25%.
- Nationwide Family Plan – Share your discounts with other members of your household with Family Plan.
- Accident Free Discount – Save up to 10% if you have at least 5 years of safe driving.
- Good Student Discount – Get up to a 15% auto insurance discount when your teen earns a B average or above.
- Farm Bureau Discount – Save up to 7% in certain states when you join the Farm Bureau, whether you live near a farm or not.
- Defensive Driving Discount – Complete an approved driver safety course and save up to 10%. You may have to be over 55 to participate in your state.
- Anti-Theft Discount – For more affordable auto insurance, earn a discount when your car has an anti-theft device installed.
- Discount Finder – Every 6 months, Discount Finder reviews your Nationwide auto policy to see if you might qualify for any new discounts.
Read what Youngsville auto insurance policy you choose. Don’t forget you are accountable for the accuracy & completeness of the information on your PA car insurance application.